South Africa offers Au Pairs a unique opportunity to experience both modern cities while taking in the natural beauty of the country. In your free time, you have the opportunity to see African wildlife on a safari, explore the different cities on the best-developed transportation infrastructure in Africa, or enjoy some of the most diverse music in the world.
Au Pair Requirements
- 18-24 years old
- Previous child care experience as verified through references
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Hold a valid drivers’ license
- Clean criminal background
Au Pair Duties
As an Au Pair in South Africa, you are responsible for providing up to 45 hours of child care each week with a minimum of two weeks’ vacation during your year. Child care responsibilities can include activities such as meal preparation, baths, naps, general supervision, helping with homework and driving the children to school and activities.
As an Au Pair, you help around the house through light housekeeping. Examples of light housekeeping include laundry, tidying up rooms, making beds and vacuuming. Au Pairs are not responsible for heavy housework or the overall care of the home.
Au Pair Benefits
Host Families in South Africa provide their Au Pair with the following:
- Private room and full board
- R2500-R4000 pocket money per month
- 2 weeks of paid vacation per 12 months
- Agency will assist with many different touring and travel options during the year
- Airfare to and from South Africa
- Health insurance
- $75 South Africa work permit fee