Hello! My name is Mariia and I’m from Ukraine! I want to thank my dear Gerzon family with whom I spent 2 amazing years of my American experience with. My family included my host mom Alla with 2 beautiful princesses, Mariella and Eliana, and golden-doodle Baila. I never expected some kids can steal your heart for forever. Now I’m married and living in Groton, CT which is a 4-hour drive without traffic to my first American home in Jamison, PA! I went to take them for ice cream just last week.
Those girls touched my heart!
They are the cutest, kind, sweet and fun kids in whole galaxy!!! I know it’s crazy, but they are!!!
Well let me explain why I think they deserve to be nominated for best family of the year!
- My first trip to Mexico was with them with tons of funny moments, starting at the airport and finishing at the concert. We still laugh about it!!!
- Our trip to the Alligator farm in FL. Trust it was super cool and we are the bravest people!
- My girls always helped me with dishes and cleaning! How many times we made a mess after creating unicorn art in the past. ðŸ˜…
- The amount of crazy jumps we did in the pool!
- How many cute dogs we pet!
- How many amazing handmade art work girls brought for me from school.
- How many times I need to give the medicine to my girls when they were sick and explain it’s not that bad. But then I have tried and figured it out how terrible that medicine is.
- Teaching them how bad it is to lie. They never do it! I respect them and wish a lot of adults could learn from them!
- Teaching them how to do dishes and how to read and solve math problems. They are smart and very talented at everything.
- To see the first time my older host child Mariella did zip lining, because I did it with her.
- To go on crazy trampoline and doing the coolest flips!
- Having tough time to pick the best movie we all gonna like.
- Our dancing time and line dancing.
- Of course at the wedding, they were my flower girls!!!!
I can find 100,000 reasons why this family is the best.
The time when girls were leaving my wedding, it was a very emotional time. We all cried! I want to be (and I know I will be) in their life forever! I miss them and I can’t wait to see them grow.
My host mom is a good friend and we always have so many great memories to laugh about!
When I called to girls and said I have a surprise for them I will come on Saturday and will take them for ice cream I saw how happy they were to see me and this cute scream, “Masha you are the best!” melted my heart! I know their favorite food, color, animals, best friends, anything! Every night I needed to say all my favorite animals after goodnight kiss.