China is home to the world’s largest population and large cities like Shanghai and Beijing have approximately 13 million inhabitants each. Rich in history and culture, China is an excellent place to study, visit museums, see famous sites, such as the Great Wall, and participate in the traditional Chinese New Year. You can also spend your time exploring the modern cities that are some of the world’s most important economic centers.
Au Pair Requirements
- 18-29 years old
- Fluent in English
- Previous child care experience as verified through references
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean criminal background
- Be in good health and physically fit
Au Pair Duties
As an Au Pair in China, you work up to 25 hours per week caring for and tutoring the Host Family’s children, with some light housekeeping.
Examples of light housekeeping include laundry, tidying up rooms, making beds and vacuuming. You are not responsible for heavy housework or the overall care of the home.
Au Pair Benefits
Your Host Family in China provides you with the following:
- 3, 6 or 12 month placement length
- Private room and full board
- Round trip flight
- $112 pocket money per month
- Health insurance
- Mandarin classes paid by Host Family during your Au Pair program
- $100 Nonrefundable application fee
- $500 Placement fee
- $130 Visa application fee
- $250 Deposit