Austrians are well known for their relaxed attitude and appreciation of their country’s beautiful landscape. Austria has a rich history that has influenced Europe for centuries. In Austria, you can spend time enjoying the mountains, touring historic castles or exploring cities such as Vienna. With its location in central Europe, you can easily travel to other countries in your free time and gain the full European experience.
Au Pair Requirements
- 18-25 years old
- Previous child care experience as verified through references
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean criminal background
Au Pairs that are most attractive to Host Families are able to drive, swim and do not smoke.
Au Pair Duties
As an Au Pair in Austria, you are responsible for providing 25-30 hours of child care each week. Child care responsibilities can include activities such as meal preparation, baths, naps, general supervision, helping with homework and driving the children to school and activities.
As an Au Pair, you help around the house through light housekeeping. Examples of light housekeeping include laundry, tidying up rooms, making beds and vacuuming. You are not responsible for heavy housework or the overall care of the home.
Au Pair Benefits
Your Host Family in Austria provides you with the following:
- 6 or 12 month placement length
- Private room and full board
- €300-350 pocket money per month
- 1 week of paid vacation per 6 months
- Health insurance
- Travel costs to and from Austria
- Application and placement fees
- Partial flight costs (based on length of placement)
- Optional schooling