As the sixth largest country in the world, Australia is the perfect destination for adventure seeking Au Pairs. Australians place a high value on enjoying life, spending time outdoors and participating in sports. During your free time in Australia, you can explore the Great Barrier Reef, which is the largest coral reef in the world, visit the sites in large cities, such as Sydney, or just spend time with friends at the beach.
Au Pair Requirements
- 18-30 years old
- At least 100 hours of previous child care experience as verified through references
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean criminal background
Au Pairs that are most attractive to Host Families are able to drive, swim and do not smoke.
Au Pair Duties
As an Au Pair in Australia you are responsible for providing 25-40 hours of child care and home help each week with the possibility of two additional evenings of child care per week. Child care responsibilities can include activities such as meal preparation, baths, naps, general supervision, helping with homework and driving the children to school and activities.
As an Au Pair, you help around the house through light housekeeping. Examples of light housekeeping include laundry, tidying up rooms, making beds and vacuuming. You are not responsible for heavy housework or the overall care of the home.
Au Pair Benefits
Your Host Family in Australia provide you with the following:
- Private room and full board
- $800-$1100 (Australian Dollar) pocket money per month, depending on experience and hours worked
- 2-4 weeks paid holiday leave during the placement
- Completion bonus $250-$500+ (Australian Dollar)
- Use of family car or close proximity to public transport
- Option to place with a host family for 6, 9 or 12 months
- Application and placement fees
- Travel health insurance
- Airfare to and from Australia
- $230 visa application