What topics are covered in the New York Introductory Workshop?
The objectives of the Introductory Workshop are to reduce culture shock, teach first aid and CPR skills and experience New York City. Some topics covered during the three day workshop include:
- Review of driving in the U.S. such as signs, rules, policies
- Movies, TV and music ratings
- American holidays
- American food
- Cell Phone billing and international calls
- Personal space
- Educational requirements review
- Insurance coverage review
- CPR and First Aid Classes
The Introductory Workshop is an optional training in addition to the required 32 hours of training which is received in the Au Pair’s home country.