What is the selection process for Au Pairs?
Au Pair selection is regulated by the U.S. Department of State and includes at minimum:
- The Au Pair is between the ages of 18 and 26
- Secondary school graduate, or equivalent
- Proficient in spoken English
- Capable of fully participating as evidenced by satisfactory completion of a physical exam
- Personally interviewed, in English, by organizational representative
- Successfully passed a background investigation which includes verification of school, three non-family personal and employment references, criminal background check and successfully pass a psychometric test
Go Au Pair screens and selects potential Au Pairs through the following:
- Au Pair profile
- Photo copies of official documents such as passport, school diploma, driver’s license, certificates, etc.
- Au Pair agreement
Au Pair selection is performed primarily by our International Representatives in the Au Pair's home country.